All tourists (excluding Indian, Bangladeshi and Maldivian passport holders) who wish to travel to Bhutan require a visa and must book your holiday through a Bhutanese tour operator. Bhutan doesn’t allow backpackers and it is mandatory for any tourist to book with the local tour operator.
All tourist must obtain the visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. We process the visa for our guests. All you need to do is send the photo-page of your passport to us and we will apply for your visa. The visa is then processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once received, the visa clearance is processed within 72 working hours.
At the point of entry, you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
MINIMUM DAILY PACKAGE
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable development fee of $65. This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations all listed on this website. If your accommodation is not listed on this website then it is not licensed cater for international tourists.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.